As your Member of Parliament, I take pride in being your voice in Ottawa. Many constituents in Thunder Bay-Superior North have contacted me on issues that matter to them, something I encourage all residents to do. Many have presented petitions to me, which I have had the honour to table in the House of Commons on their behalf. Other constituent concerns have resulted in me and my staff authoring petitions for them. Petitions are a great way to get involved and marshal support in your community and to raise awareness of an issue in Parliament. If you have an issue to petition, please don’t hesitate to contact my office. House of Commons petitions require a specific format, but my staff would be more than happy to help you draft a petition that will be presentable in Parliament by me or any other MP.
Please take a moment to download and sign one of the petitions below. All petitions can be mailed postage-free to your MP.
Bruce Hyer, MP
List of Petitions
- Cell Phone Freedom – to unlock Canadian cell phones, improving consumer choice & competition in the wireless market.
- Stand Up for Northern Ontario – a petition to stop Northern Ontario from losing representation in Parliament.
- KyotoPlus Petition – in support of Bruce’s Climate Change Accountability Act, Bill C-311 (Thank you, Canada! 100,000+ signatures presented to Stephen Harper on October 23, 2009)
- Prince Arthur Post Office Petition – a petition to re-open a post office in the North core (tabled by Bruce Hyer in Parliament, 2009)
- Grants Not Loans – a petition for First Nations student support (tabled by Bruce Hyer in Parliament, 2009)
- Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare – a petition to the Government to support a Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare
- Save Our Northwest CBC – stop the cuts to local CBC and ensure stable funding (tabled by Bruce Hyer in Parliament, 2009)
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of petitions Bruce Hyer has tabled on behalf of constituents. Check back for more added periodically.